Thursday, April 2, 2015

Autism Awareness Mani

Hey Everyone!!! I keep thinking today is Friday only to be disappointed to realize it is only Thursday. It has also been very aggravating like a typical Monday. I blame the almost full moon. 

Today is April 2nd which is Autism Awareness Day. I actually wore this mani yesterday since April is Autism Awareness Month and today I have a different, non stamped, blue mani on. I have always known there is a lot of differing opinions on autism and the causes but yesterday was the first time I realized there are many people against the whole blue/puzzle piece Autism Awareness movement. Without getting into that whole ordeal and drama or the politics of the campaign and agendas I want to post my blue mani to support Autism Awareness. I know several ladies with autistic children and my son goes to school with a few kids with autism. I think awareness is always a good thing and helps to promote understanding and compassion.


For this mani I used a base of China Glaze I Sea the Point. I absolutely love this blue but I also find very few blues that I don't love so I am a bit bias.  


When I was searching my swatch book for images to use I could not find any puzzle pieces. I have no idea why because I know I have a few different images. I finally found this one and it was late and I was tired so I decided to just do a simple mani with the single puzzle piece. I actually loved how simple it looked.


I used the puzzle piece from plate Pueen 32 from the Love Elements Collection. To stamp I used Mundo de Unas Turquoise. The image was on the end of the plate and I was having some issues with not picking up extra polish, did I mention I was tired, so the images didn't come out as good as they should have. I think it looked kind of cool that they were sort of worn looking though. 


That's all for now :) 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am rather obsessed with this combination and want to do all the manis with it right now :)

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!